Experienced Support Through Employment Law Concerns
You have rights as an employee. From the hiring process to retirement, Texas and federal law protect you from discrimination, harassment, unsafe work conditions and unfair labor practices. Unfortunately, not all companies follow the law.
I’m Dennis L. Richard, an employment law and personal injury lawyer with decades of experience representing employees in workplace disputes. If you have been wronged as an employee, trust an attorney who has a track record of results.
Employment Law Capabilities
There are a few examples of the types of employment law cases I handle:
- Sexual harassment, when sexually inappropriate behavior makes your job unbearable.
- Discrimination, if you have been denied an opportunity because of your sex, race, ethnicity, religion or age, you have been discriminated against.
- Retaliation, which includes any adverse action an employer takes against you for exercising a right or opposing discrimination in the workplace, such as applying for workers’ compensation or reporting discrimination.
- Workplace accidents, when an employer failed to make the job site safe.
- Libel and slander, such as making damaging statements about you that make it harder for you to find work.
Did Your Employer Violate Your Rights?
If you believe your employer has violated any of your rights, it is important to contact an attorney. Not all cases where your employer had treated you unfairly constitute illegal harassment or discrimination. For example, Texas is an at-will employment state, and your employer can fire you for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. However, if your employer fires you for discriminatory reasons or for opposing discrimination, you may have a case of wrongful termination.
Time Is Of The Essence, So Call Today
It is important to act quickly in these cases. I will listen to you when you need it most. Call my San Antonio office today for a free consultation at 210-503-7735 or fill out my contact form.